Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Zolo-ology & Connectagons & More!


My PTOs are amazing. When I learned about the funds that set aside for Art last year I decided to use the money they give me on extra things that I can't really afford to use my budget for. This year it was enough money to pay for some awesome new activities and manipulatives in the art room! All of my new activities I ordered from the company Crystal Productions. When I compared prices on Amazon and other places it was pretty comparable and worth it because I could get it all in one place and only pay shipping one time.

Here is a look at each of my new activities:
Modern Art Memory Game


It is essentially the classic game of memory but with 36 pairs of Artworks from artists like Gustav Klimt, Paul Klee, Marcel Duchamp, Roy Lichtenstein, Bridget Riley, Andy Warhol, and many more! It comes in a really nice box but I wanted something more durable to keep on the shelf so I switched to a small plastic bin...

Connectagons


Beautiful wooden disks with interlocking grooves at different angles to build some pretty awesome sculptures with! Again, very nice box but switched to a shoe-box plastic bin....

Wonderboard: Make a Face


47 silly face magnets, two face templates (both Caucasian) and a magnet board to attach everything to. I will be making more face templates for a little more of a multicultural experience. Comes in a folder type deal so I switched to a shoe-box plastic bin again. Worried they will confused the magnet board with a white board but we will see...

The Piece de resistance! 

Zolo-ology



Holy smokes I'm in love with this activity. It is literally a box of silly plastic pieces that can all connect into wacky sculptures and there is eyeballs to turn them into creatures. This by far was the BIGGEST hit the first day they were out on the shelves. The box they come in isn't great so I found the perfect size plastic bin to keep them in and its clear so they can see all the pieces. I got the teacher set from Crystal for about $80 and it comes with over 100 pieces. I cannot wait to take pictures of the sculptures they make to share with you and with PTO as our thank you!

With these new fabulous activities I introduced a "new" set of rules for Art activities. Really, I said these rules at the start of the year with Legos and oil clay, but I thought this was a good time to reintroduce them and actually post them in the "free art" area.


Have any other activites/centers that are a must have for my students!?

No comments:

Post a Comment