Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Kindergarten "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!" Self Portraits

I said it once, and I'll say it again...If you have not seen or read the children's book "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More" by Karen Beaumont then you are seriously missing out.  This self-portrait project goes perfectly with the book! I did this project before and approached the portrait part the same, you can find a more detailed day by day breakdown HERE with my post from last school year.


The only change that was made to the project was creating the large border of their names. I gave them a large piece of poster paper that had a rectangle traced in the middle that was slightly smaller than 12X18 so they knew that was were their portrait was going. Then I did a demo of all the different silly ways they could write their names. I put a big emphasis that it was only okay to do this in art class and not in the classroom because when I taught last years kiddos how to write their names backwards the Kindergarten teachers said they started doing it in the classroom on worksheets :)

I was really happy with the choice to add their names, I think it really added to the "self" in the portraits!





No comments:

Post a Comment